Sunday, October 5, 2014

Children make me laugh

As Monday rolls in I always wish there was a day between Saturday and Sunday, so I can just honestly say that I my weekend didn’t fly by. Except that’s not the case, this Monday was pretty what I expected. One of my vital morning duties is to patrol the swing set, to make sure kids don’t run through children swinging and hit their heads. Sometimes I’ll just wait to see how far the get, how much they are willing to push their boundary, before ending up crying or on the floor or maybe even both. Most of the time I laugh just seeing them run because small children have the balance of an egg, it is something definitely learned with time, very very very much time. Except what caught my attention this morning was a game a group of kids had devised with a soccer ball. All right here it goes, so one kid would kick up the ball and the rest of the children would wait to catch/get hit/ or kick the ball back. I’m not sure what kind of point system they have develop thus far, promise to report back once I play and win (duh). Perhaps a hit on a head is 2 points for the kicker and 5 points for the person who kicks it back, well just a thought.
Monday’s are also the day where you relish on how your weekend was with your fellow co-workers and as well with some of the more verbally skilled children. This morning 2nd grade girl asked me why I was wearing different clothes. I’m usually quick on my feet to answer something sarcastically back except this time I was stumped. I didn’t understand her reasoning for the question, with a perplexed face I answered that I had finally showered that morning (no worries I aim to shower on a regular basis). She didn’t respond to my answer, it possibly wasn’t what she was waiting, complete confusion on both parties so I walked away in a cool manner.
Staying in the whole 2nd grade momentum, they are by far my favorite age group. They still say some things that are odd yet funny simultaneously, however they are at the cusp of turning into moody older children that just want to be cool. Today a teacher disclosed some very interesting notes she had the great fortune of finding, 2nd grade love notes. I had no clue this was even a thing, what do they know? Well apparently enough to be asking if they wanted some kisses, ‘Boy, do you want to kiss me?’ I truly hope that they’re talking about the chocolates kisses. Possibly when you ask someone to kiss you it translates to, “Oh hey, yeah give me your chocolate candies”, in English from 2nd grade English.

Hmm what else, I think the children have finally ended testing me to ensure that I’m cool enough. I’m pretty certain I passed the probationary period, since I've been getting hugs left and right, which make me feel very loved. Now I wonder how much longer till the good stuff, fan mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment